Friday 23 June 2023

June Gifted Gorgeousness

Welcome to one of my favourite SALs of the year, the wonderful Gifted Gorgeousness, first stop for all things gifted and giftee, hosted by the equally wonderful Jo! For me, this is always a great opportunity to showcase some of my knitting and crochet, which is often meant as a gift. This month, I got two finishes, a new WIP and some news on another project.

For once, I finished the little bunny ragdoll I had started last month. He's already with his new little human already, and I was so pleased with the mum's reaction - I had made another ragdoll for her first son a couple years back, and apparently that one was very well loved!

Next, I started another baby gift, one of Felix' band colleagues had her second baby and I was feeling like trying something different this time. So I had a look around for inspiration and found that leg warmers for babies are pretty popular right now, and they sound quite handy too - so I thought I'd give them a try, see how they are received. They knit up pretty quickly too, I used some merino super wash I had left over from another project and they are so soft and squishy!

 

Another amigurumi was also started...not the purple Yoshi yet, but also purple! This one is a pokemon. I've been dragging my feet for a while to get the next part done because it looks a little complicated...but I'm sure it'll be alright once I get around to it!

Last but not least...I've been working on my Snuggle Up blanket and finally made it past the row that has been slugging me down for a week! No picture yet, but should be smooth sailing to the end now - maybe a finish by next month?!



5 comments:

Pamela said...

What wonderful gifts! I'm sure your crocheted gifts are very popular!

Carol said...

Oh, that bunny is just darling, Leonore! I'm sure he will be very well loved! You are always so sweet stitching so many baby gifts. Enjoy this last week of June--can hardly believe 2023 is half over! ♥

Toki said...

Leg warmers for babies are too cute. It must be a special present.🎁

diamondc said...

Greetings Leonore: The doll is adorable I can understand why she likes it so much.
The leg warmers are so popular now.
The purple amigurumi looks very interesting.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with all your cute baby gifts. Looking forward to seeing the blanket next time!