Tuesday 6 June 2023

Daisy - 10 Hours

I'm sure we'e all been there - we made plans what project we want to work on in a given month, we got it all worked out...and suddenly, something else is calling our name. Well, I've made it a rule that if that 'something else' is a project that I neglected for years, I better follow that call! 

Back in 2020, I agreed to model stitch for my friend Ashley. She had designed a Princess Peach stained glass design, and a bunch of recolours, and wanted stitched models of a couple of them to put up on her website. Dutifully, I started right away...and put mine away after just two hours of stitching. I'm not even sure I ever showed her here on the blog! I felt really bad about it but just couldn't bring myself to pick her back up. Well, last week I did, and I'm in love! No idea what state of insanity I was in back then to just toss her into a corner. So, four days later I finished my first ten hours, and I am ready to introduce...Miss Daisy!

Isn't she pretty with her soft white roses and her little crown? I'm so in love! Of course there will be backstitching all over in the end for the stained glass effect, but for now I will stitch with the crosses (and tons of fractionals, but they are very much worth it!). I wonder if I can stick with her until she's finished? She's not all that big...

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Good for you! We all have those neglected projects. I hope to make this the summer of picking them up again.

Toki said...

Hi Leonore.
Miss Daisy must be very happy that you came to pick her up.😆

Carol said...

I'm so glad you picked up this pretty design again, Leonore! I think sometimes we just have to be in the "right" mood to stitch certain things. I look forward to seeing her all stitched up :)

Mylene said...

Lovely colours, looking forward to see your next update..

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Ashley will be pleased to see this one back in the rotation! I do like the stained glass style.