Tuesday 23 May 2023

May Gifted Gorgeousness

Welcome to one of my favourite SALs of the month, Jo's Gifted Gorgeousness, they one place stop for all things gifted or giftee! Since so many of my projects are gift related, I usually use this place to showcase those that I don't get to show off otherwise, which most of the time comes down to some knitting or crochet, and this month is no different.

I have made very little progress on my big blanket (this endless row of popcorns is really killing my drive...) but I did finish little Yoshi, who was missing just a couple parts last month, and is now on the way to his new owner/friend/dino parent. It also took well over two hours to assemble everything, but I think it was well worth it, as he turned out very cute (even though he's a little bit cross eyed).


So cute, in fact, that another friend asked if I could make her a purple one...which I agreed to, but will take some time to work on other projects before I get to that!

For once, I had one more baby gift to catch up on, and started a bunny ragdoll that I had been planing for months! Being a little late with the check in this month means that I already finished all the parts (most of the head and body was done on a car ride to Felix' parents), so once I can locate the box with my safety eyes (I always put them away safely...somewhere!), I can get to finishing this one up, as well. But I already got a couple more crochet gifts lined up to work on, as I really enjoy working on these critters right now!






7 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: Yoshi is adorable, I look forward to seeing the bunny finished.
I am not sure what popcorn is in knitting/crochet, but it sounds tedious.

Hugs
Catherine

Carol said...

Both of your gifts are so cute, Leonore! Little blue Yoshi is adorable and you must feel quite honored to be asked to make another in purple. Looking forward to seeing the baby gift all put together :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
Yoshi is so cute and his eyes are lovely!

Toki said...

Congrats on completing Blue Yoshi. I think refreshing blue and orange are really good.
Cute rabbit ragodoll.🐇

Anonymous said...

I have recently started to crochet and am stupendously untalented in it :) It’s not put me off and I am hoping perseverance will pay off one day. I did start in order to make a Pokémon Cyndaquill which my 5yo accepted as good enough 😂 I look forward to seeing more of your stitching and crochet. On a side note, have you ever done Mochilla crochet?

Pamela said...

These are both very cute!

Astrids dragon said...

He turned out great, a purple one will be sweet too!
The bunny already looks cute, even in pieces.