Saturday 7 August 2021

Fans of the Far East - 4th rotation

 It's been a while since I posted about this - at the end of July, I took some time to catch up with other projects, but last weekend, I picked 'Fans' back up and worked on it a full 10 hours this week. Last time you saw it, it was here:

This time, my goal was to focus on that left fan. I finished the white between the dark blue (hardly visible in the picture), the spokes on the handle, then started working on the actual fan pattern. Since the fan itself is full coverage, it's taking a while, but it's also really fun! I finished one of four flowers (I think they are irises?) and filled in a bit of the pink around it.

 Next time I pick this up, I'm going back to the border - hoping to catch the bottom one up to the top!

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Such a pretty design, I love the border.

Shami Immanuel said...

Beautiful design. Border is so nice.

Pamela said...

This gets sweeter every time you post about it!

Carol said...

Oh, you are making wonderful progress on this pretty piece, Leonore. Yes, those are irises :) I love those flowers so much, but, for some reason ours didn't bloom this year. We are thinking that, perhaps, the chipmunks dug up around the bulbs and damaged them. Hope you are having a nice August so far ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on your gorgeous fan. Yes, they look like Iris to me.
Funny thing, the instructions on Gathering Eggs say "backstitch details on Iris with 3371". I looked at all the flowers but they are not Iris. Took me ages to realise she meant the iris of the girl's eye!

Susan said...

ooooooo, that is gorgeous. Who's the designer?