Sunday 15 August 2021

August Gifted Gorgeousness

 Middle of the month means time for still-my-favourite SAL (if only because I have so much to show for it all the time!), Gifted Gorgeousness hosted by the lovely Jo. This month, it's all about crochet for me, because I'm pretty much up to date with showing my stitching and knitting gifts! So that means I have two projects to show, one that is a gift, and one that's made from gifted yarn.

First up is my newest baby gift - this is Fibi Fox, as designed by lalylala on Etsy. She was a lot more work than my usual ragdolls, but I think she was work it - isn't she just so cute?! She's a gift for Felix new great cousin/cousin once removed/family member, whom I hope to meet this coming week!

The other one is, of course, my Ubuntu blanket. Last time I had finished the full diamonds, six of them, so now it was time to start working on six half diamonds. There are a lot more colourful, and especially the first couple rows have a LOT of colour changes, so to avoid being stuck with weaving in loose ends all the time, I decided to finish one half diamond (which covers parts 4-6 of the CAL) before moving on to the next one. I had a LOT of frogging to do and it feels like I made that first half diamond twice, but I'm confident the future ones will go more smoothly now that I have a model and know what I am doing! So I fell short of my goal of two half diamonds this month, and finished about one and a half.




8 comments:

DJ said...

My goodness you've been busy! The doll is adorable and I'm sure will be well loved. Your blanket is going to be absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors you have used!

Pamela said...

Cute baby gift and gorgeous blanket!

Elfie said...

I love your doll. It is very charming and I am sure it will be treasured. I am fascinated by your Ubuntu Blanket, and really looking forward to more progress pics. Beautifully done!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Fini Fox will be a real treasure for your new family member. Good work on your blanket

Carol said...

Aww... I love that little fox. What a cute baby gift--and definitely one of a kind :) Your blanket is growing nicely, too--hope the remainder goes very smoothly, Leonore! Enjoy your day ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. That doll is lovely and I am sure the baby will love it too.

Beth in IL said...

Love the stuffed doll. Fabulous!

Susan said...

The fox is too cute Hopefully it gets many, many cuddles from the new family member. I know that "I've done this twice" feeling all too well, but so worth it once it all clicks.