Tuesday 10 August 2021

August Fully Finished Gallery

Linking up with Rachel, TheTenHourStitcher. 

If you lead a busy life like I do (well, doesn't that make me sound way more interesting then I am!) and your crafting can get a little chaotic like mine (there we go, that sounds more like me), then you know how important these SALs are that keep us a little accountable for our progress - in this case, for having at least one fully finished object every month! Or making my husband finish one object for me every month, but what's the difference! 

This month, we were both involved, though! Do you remember that grandchildren sampler I made for Felix' grandma five years ago? This year in May, her first great-grandchild was born, and she asked if I could add her to the sampler. I thought about it and because there isn't that much more room (and who knows how many children we, Felix' siblings and cousins will have in the end!) decided to stitch a tiny extra birth sampler instead.

I bought a 'Flowers of the Month' pattern by Kooler Design Studios, the same designers who did the grandchildren sampler, and picked the right birth flower. I also added the name and date of birth in the same font used on the other sampler, and got a whole bunch of these little white frames so they can all be framed in matching frames! Now I just hope any additional great-grandchildren won't all be born in the same month!


6 comments:

Pamela said...

What a great idea!

diamondc said...

Leonore: Cute design, I have not heard of the flowers of the month, thank-you for mentioning it, I do like some of the Kooler designs.

Catherine

Carol said...

That is such a sweet idea for a new baby, Leonore! I went back and looked at the big sampler you did for Felix's grandmother and it is incredible! Lots of love and work went into that one--I'm sure she treasures it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely idea! I did consider making a grandchild Sampler for my MIL but with 12 Great Grands and counting it might be a long term WIP!

Mary's Thread said...

That is so pretty, I love lily of the valley!

Susan said...

What a wonderful idea! I like the idea of having the same frame for them all too.