Sunday 28 February 2021

February WIPocalypse

 It's not often that I'm on time posting for this SAL, but since the last Sunday is actually the last day of the month this year, I got a chance! The question this month is What stitch-a-longs (SALs) are you participating in this year? This year, I limited myself to just two 'actual' year long stitch alongs (so, monthly or weekly parts to stitch), and I introduced them a couple of weeks ago here. I might also participate in some shorter SAL (like Magical525's seasonal Mystery SALs, although I'm trying to be good and finish the two I have started first!). For the monthly blogging 'SALs', there is WIPocalypse, of course, Gifted Gorgeousness, Jo's Monthly Themed SAL, Fully Finished Gallery and a couple of the fun monthly starting challenges Rachel has cooked up! There is also Carla's and mine Halloween SAL, starting in August - this year, we'll be starting Bellatrix by Bella Philipina in different colour ways with a couple of our girl friends. So I actually have a pretty busy stitching/blogging life, which is good as it always gives me something to do and keeps me on track. 

Of course, there is one more SAL I haven't mentioned yet - The Loneliness of Autumn, which Rachel and I are SALing on at the pace of ten hours a month (her)/one length a day (me) (but it comes out pretty close at the end of the month). Last month I was here - at 26.7% and 31.724 stitches, almost done with my third colour.


A week later, I finished the 3852:


Now the next colour is a little more boring again - another brown, 898. It's also super spread out, so while I completed all of it on the first two and a half rows of the picture, so of the 3752 stitches it started out with, I still need to do 2456. The difference is really had to see, but it's there!


So my new total is 28.24% done at 33,547 stitches. As the 898 is so spread out, it's going more slowly, but I hope to get this colour really close to finished over the course of March! After this, it's a nice dark read, so much more exciting again.

March is also the first one-a-day challenge of WIPocalypse itself, and I have decided to pull out The Puppeteer for that. I have over 50k stitches of black done on this and still 11k left to do, and I'd really like to make a dent in that this year (I kind of want to get it done, but think that would eat too much of my other stitching time). 


I just finished putting my current progress into PK - this is 50,773 stitches or 45.33% done. 11,178 stitches of black left to go on the bottom row-and-a-half of pages!



5 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: Both are wonderful designs, but wow the stitch's you put in are a lot.
It is hard for me to have more then one design going at once, I envy people that can do more then one, I get way to nervous and want to finish one at once.
Have a wonderful week

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on posting on time! You have made great progress on your SAL. It's funny how different the two look but it will be nice to see some red on your version soon.

Carol said...

Still amazed at how you're stitching your autumn piece, Leonore--but it's such fun watching it all come together. I don't enjoy stitching with brown at all, but it's a necessary evil--ha ha! Looking forward to your next update on it! Enjoy your day ♥

Sheryl said...

Love seeing how the Loneliness of Autumn is growing.

BeingBored89 said...

Wow! These are really involved. The puppeteer would scare me away with all the black stitches!