Saturday 23 January 2021

January Gifted Gorgeousness

 Jo's main SAL, the Gifted Gorgeousness, is continuing for another year into 2021, and as I still have lots of gifts to stitch, I will follow right along. As usual, this SAL is to talk about all the gift and gifted projects we are working on, as well as anything else that can be shoehorned in! For me, that usually means a lot of knitting and crochet on top of my cross stitching.

You've already seen most of the gifts I finished over the last couple posts, so today I will focus on a couple WIPs you either haven't seen yet or haven't seen in a while.

One of my current main gift projects is the Little River Blanket by Emma Varnam via Black Sheep Wools. This baby blanket is a gift for a friend who should have had her second baby sometime in the last week, but I haven't heard from her yet! In any case, it's a good thing I am nearing the end of it, the blanket should be finished this week and then I'll only have two rows of border left to do.

I've also been working on a very, VERY fluffy scarf for a friend. She found this loop-y faux fur yarn out shopping, fell in love with its fluffyness, and asked me if I could make something with it, so I promised to figure something out. Turned out this was an 'of the hook' kind of yarn with pre-made loops, so it can be 'knitted' without using needles, and one ball actually gives out a lot better than I expected. With the first ball I made this scarf for her (still need to figure out how to secure the end) and I still have a second ball to play with! (please excuse my couch, I've been meaning to fix that tear for ages...)

Last but not least, there is a little start I had yesterday - I won't say much about it yet, but you still might recognize it! This will be Felix' valentine's card this year when done (or maybe a valentine's ornament/flat fold, it's a little bigger than what I usually do for the occasion...)



7 comments:

Pamela said...

The baby blanket colors are sooooo sweet.

Carol said...

What lovely gifts you've created, Leonore--that scarf looks so soft and comfy :) I'll be interested to see how the Valentine turns out, too! Hope you have a great week ahead ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Nice work on the knitting, especially the piece without needles! Is that just knotting? Haha
I do recognise the little Death design, it will make a great card for Felix.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love the colours of your blanket. That is fluffy wool, it sounds odd knitting without needles. Good luck with your Valentine's stitching

Rachel said...

Great gifts, but you do need to fix your couch! Hope the fluffy scarf doesn't make your friend sneeze! :)

Sheryl said...

The Little River blanket is gorgeous, what pretty colours you have used and you will have it finished right on time. A lovely welcome gift for the new baby. The knitted scarf looks cosy and I wonder how you will finish the ends.

Susan said...

Very nice progress on everything. Love the colors in the baby blanket. I've seen the no-needle knitting yarn but have never tried it. It does look nice and squishy and you did a nice job on the scarf - lucky friend.