Tuesday 12 January 2021

House Rules - 10 hours

 Sooo...my newest focus stitch was started in the beginning of November, but due to all my crazy Christmas stitching it took me until early January to really start focusing and finish my first ten hour rotation! I just managed to get all six colours (two of them Kreinik) in there as I am doing my own colour conversion and I wanted to know how they look, and I am content, so I'm officially hooked now.

The picture is pretty true to colour and even shows up the lovely Snowy Skies ice dyed fabric by Jodyri Designs - a 2019 Christmas special given to me by my good friend Carla. 

As you can see I finished two lines - the upper one (stitched all in Kreinik) is 'Dance in the kitchen' and below that is 'Keep your promises'. There will be one more line above the one I just started, and then three more below what I got so far, but some of them are a LOT more stitching so I'll need to keep at it to finish this soon! But it's all letters and fun and stitches up relatively fast, so I'm not too worried and think I'll get this done in March (which gives me plenty of time to start and finish the focus project after that by July...I think?).

7 comments:

Rachel said...

It's looking good so far. I love the colours you've chosen, especially the bright orange. I am now off to go and have a little dance in my kitchen whilst I wait for the kettle to boil! :)

Pamela said...

Very pretty colors!

diamondc said...

Leonore: It is a lovely design, I am like you I sometimes change colors to my liking.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your house rules is looking great, I worked out dance in the kitchen and nearly got the second line, I thought halte was stop and the last word something to do with speaking or words.

Carol said...

Kreinik??? Oh, you are brave, Leonore :) Your piece is looking so cute--thank you for translating, too! Enjoy your week ♥

Bethan said...

That's a lovely piece - and I love the two rules you have gotten there already x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work, glad the colours are working out. I'd much rather dance in the kitchen than cook LOL