Saturday 18 July 2020

Fully Finished Gallery - July

It's time to check in with Rachel, the Ten Hour Stitcher for July's Fully Finished Gallery! At the beginning of the year I promised her to have at least two finishes to show each one, but I didn't finish anything extra (besides the monthly bookmark) since the last checkin. So I needed to dig into the box of finished stitches, or rather, I picked up one that I started finishing a while back - it was The Halloween Town SAL by the Frosted Pumpkin stitchery that I finished a couple years ago and started finish-finishing into a wall hanging. Now I've been putting this off for ages - my usual excuses were 'I don't have time to sit down and sew' and 'I need to fix up my sewing corner first, it's a mess', but this week I finally got down, shoved stuff aside (because let's try this the other way around, maybe using my sewing corner will make me want to tidy it up? in any case, I can still used it) and sat down and took me just about one and a half hours to get it done!


I might play around with the actual hanging a bit. I think I'd like to not have a string attached but have the ends of the stick 'sit' on a nail or something on both sides. But I also want to put it on my apartment door in autumn...so maybe a fancy cord? Not sure yet, but I still consider this done now - finally!

My second finish is much less exciting as you've already seen it - the June bookmark, stitched on 8ct aida and finished with an identically sized back piece and a simple edge stitch:


4 comments:

Pamela said...

Nice finishes! Halloween will be here before we know it and you are ready.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on your finishing. I like the way you have finished the Frosted Pumpkin piece, maybe some black cobweb wool for the hanger? That wispy stuff people use for trimming ornies.

Rachel said...

Thanks for taking part in the SAL! So nice to see pictures of any Frosted Pumpkin pieces as their cuteness always makes me smile. Good luck if you change the actual hanging part of the FFO, although I think it looks fine as it is. :)

Astrids dragon said...

Oooh, I love your Halloween Town, what a beautiful finish!
Your June bookmark is a nice finish too.