Sunday 6 January 2019

January WIPocalypse: 2019 Intro

I lost track of how many times I took part in the WIPocalypse (I, could, of course, check my older blog entries, and I'm pretty sure I started in 2015, but let's just say it was so long ago I no longer remember!) and it continues to be fun and motivating and so I'll just keep doing it! It's the first post of the year, so that means introducing both myself and my goals. So here we go, with a slightly updated version from last year:

Hi, I'm Leonore, I'm 29 years old and from Southern Germany. I life together with myhusband, and my extended family includes my grandparents who life nearby and with whom I still spend a lot of time. In real life I'm a computer scientist working towards my PhD, which makes me travel around the world from time to time. I love cross stitch, knitting and crochet, and I'm also trying to learn how to sew. I also like to try out new crafts and have a few things lined up, we'll see if I can get to them this year! My other hobbies include reading and videogames, and I like to watch movies and shows while I craft.

Last year, I was doing '18 in '18', so I chose 18 distinct projects to work on. That only worked out so-so - I had some finishes, but a lot of them didn't really get touched, I got sidetracked, etc. So, this year I'll be trying something slightly different, and that is ' -19 in '19'! What is this, you ask? I'll gladly explain!

Late last year I hit 49 ongoing projects, which is slightly too much for my tastes. So, the goal for this year is to bring that number down - preferably to 30 or less projects, which means I'll have to finish 19 of my older projects as well as everything I start. Or finish twenty of the old ones and all but one of those I start. Or...you get the drift. So, -19 it is! I'm not picking the projects to finish in advance, although I did go through my list and verified that I have 20+ projects that could be finished in no more than a week or so each. I'll probably make a page to list all the additions and subtractions from that list that happen during the year (for example, I already had a new start, bringing me up to 50), and that'll be what I'll talk about in my monthly updates as well.

I'm actually kind of excited to tackle all those projects lurking around - I just know some of them will be a lot of fun to finally finish!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Good luck with reducing your WIP pile. I've been doing the same for a couple of years and know how satisfying it is to be able to watch the list shrink. I hope you achieve your 19 in 19. :)

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

19 in 19?? You crazy lady! I'm so excited to see what you have that can be finished in a week or so? Hugs to Felix!

Pamela said...

Great goal! This year I'm hoping/planning to finish all that I start and some of the already in progress. I'm afraid to count how many I have!

katjakay said...

I can't wait to some of those projects again, hope it's a great stitching year for you

Leonore Winterer said...

'Crazy' is a description I'll take any day :D I have quite a few smaller crochet/amigurumi projects, about three Mill Hills and two of Magical's that should go rather quickly. I I can finish all of those, I should already be ten projects down the list!

Leonore Winterer said...

I can't wait to get stitching on them either. It's good to know that I love practically everything on that list :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great Goal for 2019! I think it's a really good idea to focus on some of the smaller projects as it will inspire you more if you have a few small finishes. I have deliberately put four ornaments on my list for that reason!

Bethan said...

Lovely to learn a little more about you. I look forward to seeing you work through your projects! x

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

I believe you can do them all even if you are crazy!

Beth in IL said...

Great idea! Looking forward to seeing your progress.