Thursday 31 May 2018

May WIPocalypse

Two posts in one day...but I really wanted to get the WIPocalypse post out while it is still May! Can you belive half the year is almost gone already?
The question of the mont is "Where do you love to shop for stash?". Since we don't have any needle work stores around here (we do have some nice yarn stores, though!), I do most of my stash shopping online. I used to love sewandso for their huge selection, but lately, I feel like their customer service isn't quite up to par anymore and the shipping cost to Europa have increased quite a bit (actually, I think they just stopped offering untracked shipping...but tracked shipping is just so expensive when you're just ordering something small!) and at the same time, lakeside has started extending their selection and their customer service is so amazing and fast, so I think they will become my default go-to for a lot of things. I also love looking for needlework stores when I'm traveling!
(And then there are a ton of smaller online shops for patterns and hand dyed floss/fabric, but I think I've mentioned those a few times already).

Now, for my 18 in '18 projects, I worked on five of them this month:

1) Fire and Ember SAL


I finished the April page, so I am officially one page behind. But that also meant a full row finish, and isn't he pretty? I can't wait to have him done and framed and up on my wall!


2) The Puppeteer





I'm still a bit behind on this one, but I'm getting closer - and I had another page finish and it looks awesome! The next three pages don't have as much black, so this one should move quicker for a little while now.

4) 99



I finished the current shelf and right now, I am very motivated to work on it too. I'm hoping for at least a page, maybe even a full finish in June.

5) The Mermaid




A little earlier than planned, I had a start on the Mermaid, and finished the outer edge of the border. Now I'm slowly working through it one colour at a time. No hurry on this one yet :)


16) Ornaments of the Month


 I finished the May ornament, and finished finish the February one!

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Great progress! I love the ornaments.

Hobbying the Introvert said...

Yas to your projects. Still the most excited about the Fire and Ember SAL. He does look really good and will look even better framed when you finish.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the way Fire and Ember is growing!

Brigitte said...

Toll sehen die Drachen aus, alle beide. Und wie schön, dass du bei 99 wieder voll motiviert bist. Manchmal kann man sich selbst wieder aus der Motivations-Sperre herausziehen, nicht wahr?

rosey175 said...

Amazing progress on your biggens! I love watching the Puppeteer grow. It reminds me of Elias from Mahoutsukai no Yome.

Susan said...

Very nice progress. I'm liking the Puppeteer and watching your progress on it with great interest.

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! I'm very excited about him myself.

FlashinScissors said...

Fire and Ember looks amazing! Great progress on all your projects! Love the ornaments, very pretty!
Hugs,
Barbara xx