Tuesday 22 November 2016

Alphabet Club Catch Up - F


I just checked my calendar and was suprised to learn it is, in fact, already time for another Alphabet Club Catch up post! We have reached the letter 'F' now, so let's celebrate this Fact with a visit of this cute little Fuchs (fox), and also some Fliegenpilze (fly agaric, according to my dictionary). He's also a very Fitting host to introduce today's Funny word, which is 'fuchsteufelswild' (fox-fevil-wild, if you take it literally). It decribes the state of being really, really mad about something or someone, and my dictionary offers 'hopping mad' as a translation. Really short post today, but I thought it was a cute little word still!

5 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Leonore, oh, I love that word although I am not sure that I can pronounce it! lol!

Bea said...

That's a wonderful word! And a very dapper host.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a cute little fox, he's fluffy too! There is a scene in Blackadder where he says the Germans have no word for "fluffy" but I refuse to believe that!
I love fuchsteufelswild but the struggle is saying it without saying the other F-word!

Brigitte said...

Das Wort passt hervorragend. Und wie schön, dass du auch einen gestickten Fuchs hast.

Heather said...

What a fun word! Cute stitching :)