As this is the first post of the year, the topic is Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!
Hi! I'm Leonore, 25 years old, and from Germany. I'm currently still a Master's student of Computer Science, but I handed in my thesis in December, so soon I will have my degree and start working towards my PhD! A few month ago, Felix, my boyfriend of almost five years, and I moved into our first apartment together, and since we were both working on our thesis at the time, this place is still pretty chaotic. We're working on it, though!
I love doing crafts ever since my grandma taught me to crochet when I was just about five years old. I taught myself how to cross stitch a few years later, and, with shorter and longer breaks, have been doing both of these crafts ever since. It was only about two years ago, however, that I started to discover the millions pf possibilities the internet holds for these crafts - be it like minded people, patterns, ideas, or just the possibility to order stuff online noone will sell here! I also finally picked up knitting last year, which I had meant to do for years.
Apart from crafting, my hobbies are mostly reading and gaming - that makes three past times I can't really live without, two of them being quite time consuming, so I'm constantly stuggling to juggle those together with family, friends and other life, stuff, like work and so.
Currently, I'm having quite a few cross stitch projects on the go, all of which have been started last year. Here they are in no particular order:
- Cross Stitch Angel by Joan Eliott
- Halloween Town Club by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
- Game of Thrones bookmarks by blacklupin
- Lady and the Tramp by Candamar Designs/Thomas Kinkade
- Cut Thru' Cottage by Bothy Thready
- Peacock Tapestry by Teresa Wentzler
I also have a few new starts planned for this year, including (but by no means limited to)
- Dark Force by Tilton Crafts
- Mystery Band Sampler by Stacey/Crossed Stitches
- Little Sheep Virtues by Little House Needleworks
- Ornament a Month SAL by Magical
There are also a few knitting and crochet projects in each of those lists, but since cross stitch is my main focus at the moment, I won't mention them in this post.
Since I'll be startng my first real job on Monday (wow, so fast!) I don't really know how much time I will have for stitching this year, and my goals hardly ever work out anyway...so, I decided to do three 'tiers' of goals this time.
My 'Do your very best to achieve' goals are:
- Finish Cut Thru' Cottage
- Keep up with the Mystery Band Sampler SAL
- Keep up with the Ornament a Month SAL
- Finish at least one small/tiny a month for the Tons of Tinies SAL
- Work a bit on each of my WIPs at some point so they won't become UFOs
My 'I would really like to achieve' goals are:
- Six pages (one row) of Dark Force
- Finish border and get to actual Motif on Peacock Tapestry
- Finish Halloween Town
- Finish Lady & Tramp
- Stitch another gift for my grandma
- Stitch at least one ornament for easter and christmas to keep
And last, my 'Would be nice to achieve' goals:
- End the year with no more WIPs than I started with
- Start another Teresa Wentzler Design (most like 12 Days or The Enchanter)
- Start another cloudsfactory or Frosted Pumpkin Design
- Stitch up all 12 Little Ship Virtue Designs
I will also feel free to work on a few things not mentioned here; I'm just nor sure yet which and when. What I'm really amining for is to cross every goal off the first list, maybe half of the second, and however much I can manage from the last :)
So far this year, I have been working on Lady & the Tramp, which is really closing in to a page finish now, and started the Mystery band sampler - I've done the first two bands now (it's one band a week), so I'm up to date at the moment. I'm working it with shades of yellow (though these first two bands are white) on 28ct Brittnes in Lime Green, and the first to bands are diamond eye stitches and herringbone stitch: