Tuesday 30 July 2024

July Gifted Gorgeousness

This is my post to link up with Jo's wonderful SAL for anything gifted or giftee, and my place to show you all the yarn gifts I've been making!

My gift making situation has become more dire this month, as all the babies I was making stuff for have been born and I have finished none of the gifts! Yes, that includes Felix' niece, who was born three weeks early, but is otherwise happy and healthy. Time to turn on turbo crochet mode...or die trying!

For now, I made some progress on her blanket, but amnot quite halfway done with it yet. I hope to get this done for her baptism in October, which seems somewhat realistic if I can just stick to it a bit more regularly!

I'm also making some more ragdolls this year (still plenty of cute animals left that I haven't made yet) and finished the first one today. Actually I finished the crochet two weeks ago but sewing them together is much less fun, so takes a while. But now the little monkey is done!

I'm working on a companion to this one (a little frog) that is almost done. These two are for a some-degree-cousin of Felix, who had her second child a couple weeks ago, so I wanted to make ragdolls both for him and his big sister. The frog is almost done, and if I can also add the name and birthday to the little squirrel I posted for the June Smalls SAL; I can cross two gifting obligations off the list soon!


3 comments:

Carol said...

No worries on being a bit late with baby gifts--they will be appreciated no matter what! Love that cute monkey and I look forward to seeing his frog companion. Very pretty blanket, too. It does seem like babies always come all at once, doesn't it? Enjoy your August, Leonore! ♥

Pamela said...

What a sweet monkey!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the July GG, hope those crochet hooks are working overtime for the babies! Love the monkey cuddly.