Friday 19 July 2024

July Fully Finished Gallery

I had all but given up on posting a fully finished object this month, but somehow I didn't feel quite ready to give up yet, so...watch me try and pull a massive shoehorn on this!

I was tyding up my crafting corner the other day (I needed to pack Guardian of Wayfarers away for a bit as the friend I'm making it for is coming over this weekend, and not supposed to see him), I cam across this pair of Felix' pants that I started mending about a year ago. He tore off one off the back pockets in a way that wasn't salvagable, and after I removed the pocket, some small holes and a very visible seam line remained. So I decided to try my hands at visible mending - basically adding some surface embroidery to cover and close and holes in the process. I got about halfway done and then just put it aside for some reason, and picked it up again yesterday for a pretty quick finish.


It was an experiment for sure...so what do you think? Can one get away with wearing these pants again? Can I get away with shoehorning them into the FFO SAL?

4 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great idea and yes, for sure you can wear them

Toki said...

What a wonderful remake!. What does Felix say about comfort?
I'm sure you'll love the remake of the pocket and keep wearing it again. Congratulations on completing the remake that was completed in a hurry.🙋

Carol said...

In my opinion--you definitely saved the shorts with your embroidery, Leonore! Way to go!

Pamela said...

What a great idea! I should take a look in my mending pile and see if there are anythings I can try to visibly mend.