Saturday 19 November 2022

November Fully Finished Gallery

It's one of those months again, when I stitched something especially to get a finish, and while the stitching went well, the finishing took some days...or weeks...longer than expected. In the end, I'm very pleased with the results though! 

I stitched up two (twin) ornaments from the 2018 Just Cross Stitch ornament issue, designed by Lucy Heaton. I finished them by mounting the stitching on a piece of foam board, then did the same with some red backing fabric, put the two sides together with a hanger in between, and glued some ribbon along the edges. I really like the modern look of those! Here are Dashing Through the Snow and Dashing Throw the woods:


I'm rather fond of the backing fabric as well:

Next month is very likely to be Christmas-y too...either I'll stitch and finish a third ornament, or have Felix frame something season-appropriate!


5 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: Your ornaments are lovely.

Catherine

Carol said...

These are both very cute, Leonore! Good finishing takes a long time. Sometimes I think the finishing takes me longer than the stitching :) Hope you have a great week ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These look great together. I intended to stitch them in the year they were released! Maybe on the Millenium Blue fabric I love so much! Red and white really pop on it.

Pamela said...

What pretty ornaments! Well done!

Astrids dragon said...

These are beautiful, I love the red and white!