Tuesday 25 October 2022

New start? No Problem!

To celebrate my new job, I really wanted a new stitchy start too. Not that I needed one, judging by my list of WIPs, but sometimes you just have to follow your heart! So I dug out a pattern that had been in my stash for years, all kitted up (well, with a fabric I bought for it, the yarn is just plain old DMC) and which I had meant to stitch for my office at the old job. It's just as fitting for the new one though, so I thought this time I better start it bright and early! I'm talking about 'For Every Problem' by cloudsfactory:

It was just the right stitching for those first few evening when I was just very tired as well - letters stitch up quickly, the lines are all simple to count, and not too many colours. Perfect! I also really enjoy the colours on my fabric (which is Jurassic Sands by Sparklies, such a nice neutral). Within the first week, I already stitched 10 hours - about 1.7k stitches, which was almost 30% of the whole design!

I actually think I might stick with this until it is done (except for working on TLoA and the table cloth I'm meant to work on every day in October...both of those need a little catching up. I got a long weekend ahead, so maybe then!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Great new start!

Carol said...

Well, first of all congratulations on your new job, Leonore! What will you be doing? I'd say a new job definitely deserves a new start :) And this is such a cute one. I love stitching words for some odd reason (is it because I'm a retired librarian?!). Anyway, I bet you can have this finished in no time--enjoy! ☻

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That’s a fun piece and perfect for evenings.
Tell me about the new job now!

diamondc said...

Hi Leonore: Sweet design.

Catherine