Wednesday 1 June 2022

May WIPocalypse

 Another month gone by, and I'm still stitching like it's the end of the world! Or just like I'm having a ton of fun doing it. Your choice ;) 

This month's question is, I believe, a repeat, and sadly, my answer hasn't changed since the last time it came up - Retreats and seminars – have you ever been to any stitching events? If so, tell us about them! I still haven't had an opportunity to take part in any retreats. I've read about a couple, mostly knitting ones, in Germany, but they are usually way up in the North, and I didn't really want to travel that far in the last years!

Now for my stitching progress, this is the spot where I share my updates on The Loneliness of Autumn (as charted by Love Thy Thread), my long-term SAL with Rachel. In May, I went back to my usual method of not stitching this every day, but rather stitching 3-4 days worth every 3-4 days. So I did all my stitching for the month, and even caught up a little on what I missed in January and February (I'm still behind quite a bit, though). In total, I added 2019 stitches in May, finishing the 3826 and making a start on the next colour, which is 221 - a very reddish dark brown, which is kind of nice to stitch! In fact, I already finished most of it, just 730 stitches to go, which pretty much guarantees that we will see another new colour during June.

My new total is 61,853/118800 stitches done, or 52.06%. There's still so much negative space left to fill, though...

In other news, June and July mark the next focus challenge of WIPocalypse. The goal is to pick a project that you stitch on every day. As usual, I might not make it every day on the day, but I am planning to stitch the equivalent of one length of thread a day on The Puppeteer. After the last focus challenge, he looked like this:

 

... and  I haven't touched him since! I'm still trying to finish all the black, which will hopefully happen sometime in July. 3429 stitches left to go!


3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Autumn is looking lovely, the 221 is a nice colour.
It will be quite a milestone to finish all the black on The Puppeteer too. Mini Happy Dance time I think.

Pamela said...

I’m amazed by how you keep track of stitches and time. These two are coming along nicely!

Rachel said...

TLOA is looking good! So nice to see some red amongst all the black and blue!
Ad go, go, go on Puppeteer - I'm with Jo and your need for a Mini Happy Dance when you finish all the black. :)