Friday 17 June 2022

June Gifted Gorgeouness

This month was a good one for gift crafting. All crochet too! Not that that's something special, my GG checkins always seem to be very yarn-heavy :D

So first thing's first, I finished part four of my Snuggle Up blanket, which was my big crafty birthday present this year. 

As you can see, it's getting pretty big - covering the whole foot end of my couch now so I'm going to have to find a new picture spot next time! I also broke into the second cake of the yarn, so we're going back from the dark red to the orange. Here's a close up of the new pattern:

Look at those cute little stars, aren't they pretty? They sure were fun to make!

In other news, I finally sat down and finished that fox ragdoll I had started way too long ago, and there really wasn't that much work to do on it, maybe two hours or so:

More impressively, I started the next one - a little dog called Emma, because that is the name of the real doggie sister of the little girl I made this one for - and finished it right away too! Yay me!

Yes, her snout turned out a little crinkly, but I think she's cute as she is.

So that's it for this month - I'm already working on Snuggle Up again, and hope to get another baby gift done in the coming month as well. Wish me luck!


6 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful crochet work. The two dogs are adorable. Your afghan is very interesting with so much variety in stitching. Love all the texture work and the colors are very pretty. Popped in from Gifted Gorgeousness. I don't crochet as much as I use to, as I knit more now; which seems to bother the arthritis less.

Carol said...

Your blanket is growing beautifully, Leonore! The colors are so pretty. And the little fox and dog are adorable. Love the dog's crinkly snout--it gives her personality :) Happy almost summer to you ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love those two cuddly animals and I'm sure the children will too.

jocondine said...

Fox, always a great choice! And if it's really 2 hours, that makes it only fun to do it. Nice progress on your main crochetted project. Küsses. xxx

Pamela said...

The snuggle up is very pretty! The little animals are too cute!

Toki said...

Hello,Leonore.
Emma the fox and the dog are so cute.😆
I love cute things.