Monday 1 November 2021

October WIPocalypse

Hello my friends, another month has passed and it's time for our WIPocalypse checkin again! I spent yesterday furiously stitching on TLoA to get caught up, so I am only one day late, which is pretty good for me! The question of the month is Do you prefer Halloween or Christmas stitching? and I think that might be a tie for me, with a slight preferance for Halloween, perhaps. I really love cute Halloween designs and the colours used, but the holiday is not that big around here so Christmas is what I stitch for more in terms of ornaments and gifts.

Now for my stitching - last time you saw it, TLoA was here at 48,568 stitches or 40.88% done, and I had just started adding 780, my 9th colour:

As the 780 was quite spread out, it took me a little longer to get is all done, and I finished it on October 25th (or the length that equaled Oct 25th, I did the actual stitching yesterday):

So I had 5 days to make a start into colour #10, which is DMC 934 - a very dark green. As the first green of the design, this is kind of exciting, but it's very dark and very spread out, so doesn't look like much for now. The first five length already saw me through 3 pages on the top left:

There are 2375 stitches total of this colour, of which I have 2109 left do do. Not sure I will get it done this month, it depends on how much I really need to jump around, but it will be close either way. New total is 50,669 stitches or 42.65% done!

October also was a one-a-day focus challenge, and I had picked up The Puppeteer:

I managed to stitch at least a stitch a day, but most days I did much more, averaging at a bit over one length a day, and I ended up adding almost two thousand stitches of black. Which leaves me at just over 5k stitches left to finish the colour!

 I think I will continue picking this up for focus months until all the black is done. I can't wait, honestly!




3 comments:

Carol said...

I always enjoy watching your progress on your Autumn piece, Leonore. I'm sure the green was a welcome sight, indeed! How much longer do you think it will take to finish this one? Wishing you a Happy November!

diamondc said...

Leonore: Wow you are almost finished, it is a beautiful design, I am so looking forward to seeing the puppeteer done, it looks rather scary.
I hope you are having a great day.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That yellow made a huge difference to the piece, the green not so much! I'm sure you'll see more when you have completed the colour.