Friday 19 November 2021

Fans of the Far East - 11th Rotation

It's been almost a month since I talked about this piece, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working on it! In fact, I made some pretty meaningful progress, and in a moment you'll see what I mean by that. 

After starting fan #3, I had to get back to working on the border...one last time! That's right, because after about four hours...

...I made it to the other side! No more green border leaves on this project because they are all in there. I kind of liked working on the border, but it did get a bit monotonous after a while! 

Since my rotation wasn't over yet, I went waaaay over to the left side of the design...to make a start on the backstitch! As is usual, the transformation of adding backstitch to the full crosses was STUNNING. Really, so much worth it! And it goes pretty quickly too, in fact, I managed to finish most of the first page in what remained of the rotation:

Back to the other side for ten hours of cross stitching...but right now I am very excited about both sides of this project!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Wonderful! I really like this project.

Carol said...

Wow! That really IS significant progress, Leonore! As always, I am amazed at the difference backstitching makes to the final appearance. Well done :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful and the backstitch makes such a big difference as always!

Rachel said...

Congratulations on finishing the border stitching and for getting so much backstitching done. It looked good without the backstitching but again - wow - what a difference! :)