Monday 2 October 2017

September WIPocalypse

I am late...because I almost fell into that 'want to do everything at once' trap again. I did get out of it, however, and packed away everything that was threatening to distract my, and I am back and ready to focus!

The question of the month is Which floss (or color of floss) do you absolutely adore and want to stash constantly? I don't really have an answer for that. I do own a full set of DMC because it's just so convenient to have. I will buy extras if a project requires a whole skein or even several skeins. I love all colours, and while I do love overdyed flosses and hand dyed silks and the like, I don't usually buy them 'just in case' since I am always afraid that, once I find a project I want to use it on, I won't have enough to finish! I'm trying to build a little stash of metallics, though, as for small project the exact shade is often not so important, but they still deserve that little extra bling.

Now for my progress...I did finish that page of Fire and Ember I was working on, which means my dragon now has an almost complete face. Reason enough to snap a quick overview shot when moving the frame for the next page!


I also did a little crochet this weekend to do part 2 of the pineapple CAL. I like how the pattern is coming out, but this will have to go away for a while so I can focus on a few presents that need to get finished.


Halloween Cat did see a little more love and I finished the first of the trees. I plan to keep focusing on her, although at this rate I am not sure I will be quite done by Halloween!


Lastly, I had a start on the October page of Fire and Ember just yesterday, and so I only finished one colour so far (though it is 817 - my favourite shade of read on this project!)


9 comments:

Katie said...

Everything looks fantastic. Keep it up!

Bea said...

Your projects look wonderful. Love the colour of your crochet project.

Linda said...

Great progress Leonore.

Linda

Pamela said...

Great progress. I also have all of the dmc floss. You never know when you want to start a new project!

Mii Stitch said...

A full set of DMC is a must have! :) You then can start whatever you want!
Great progress!!

Astrids dragon said...

More great progress, the cat is adorable!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It took me nearly 25 years to get the full set of plain DMC and then they've added some more colours this year!
Fire and Ember looks wonderful and I'm sure you can get the cat done if you really focus on him and take a few days off work....

Brigitte said...

Ja, das ist es, sich auf etwas zu konzentrieren ohne sich ablenken zu lassen. Das tue ich im Moment auch, denn ich möchte den Adventskalender für meinen Enkel fertigbekommen. Aber frag nicht, wie oft ich an meiner Box mit den nächsten Projekten vorbeigehe und sie alle anfangen möchte, seufz.
Dein Feuerdrache kommt richtig gut voran. Ebenso die Halloweenkatze.
Ich achte bei meinen DMCs immer darauf, dass mir keine Nummer fehlt. So kann ich alles anfangen, was mir in den Sinn kommt. Andere Garne kaufe ich nur für bestimmte Projekte. Und mehr davon brauche ich auch nicht.

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Fire and Ember looks amazing, the colors in the dragons face are super amazing :)
I don't know what I would do without my full set of DMC, but I think it also took me a long time to gather all the colors (like 6 years or so). Right now, I don't have a full set, I didn't order the new colors, but I plan to do so ;-)
I am still very confident about the Halloween Cat, you still have a couple of weeks to go until Halloween =)