Freitag, 2. Januar 2015

New Year's SAL - Sign in

One of the Stitch alongs I joined for 2015 is Stacy's New Year's SAL that focuses on finishing or making progress on BAPs (Big Ass Projects - smaller side has to be at least 300 stitches). My proejct for this will be a new start as I have nothing of the size on the go; the same one I'm also using for A New Stitchy Start, so I will partly copy my post from over there.

My new start will be 'Dark Force' from Tilton Crafts. It's 300 stitches wide and 459 stitches high and I will stitch it on 22ct, 2 over 1 (because it would turn out to small for my tastes on 28ct and the black coverage of 1 over 1 on 25ct isn't good enough, also for my taste - also, this way I can ease into stitching on smaller counts better, I hope). I might also try griding, but probably on a per page basis.

I won this chart in a contest on deviantArt this summer (or rather, I won a free pattern and got to choose), and I really love it - I'm a big fan of Star Wars, and this design (as well as all artwork of Sanda) is stunning. There also is a partner piece, 'Master', starring Yoda and mostly whites/light greys, which I have as well. Sadly, both patterns are no longer sold on Tilton Craft's webpage, so I'm glad I got both of them before they were taken off.

I only ordered the supplies after christmas, but I do hope that enough of them will have arrived once I get home on Sunday so I can start this right away this month.

Kommentare:

  1. That is Amazing. I'll look forward to your progress on this!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, I hope I can post some progress soon :)

      Löschen
  2. That is a stunning pattern. Looking forward to seeing it grow. I am also starting my first project of this type (a HAED) and am still gridding.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I've seen your gridding, it's awesome...I don't think i'd have the patience to do this!

      Löschen
  3. Crossing my fingers you get your supplies to start this!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I know they have all shipped, but with the holidays and everything, who know when they will arrive...

      Löschen
  4. I love that pattern it will be fun to see it grow.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. That is one hell of a pattern! I hope it goes well and you manage to finish it this year :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You have more faith in me than I do; I don't really believe in a finish this year...but I'll do my best to get there! :D

      Löschen