Monday 25 March 2024

March Gifted Gorgeousness

Continuing my theme of late check ins, here we go with the March Gifted Gorgeousness! This long time SAL by Jo continues to be one of my favourites, as I usually have plenty of gift projects on the go.

This year there are a lot of babies to craft for, any my current project is a granny square blanket for one of them. I'm almost done making the squares - just 6 more to go!


Hopefully, by the next GG, I'll have them all done and joined together. I am making this up as I got, so will see how much of a border I'll give it - probably a couple rounds, though. Maybe fringes, too, we will see!

One more gift project was finished this month, for my grandma's birthday - of course she had to have another pair of wrist warmers, and as she really liked the neon yarn from those socks I made, I used that (plus some black since I didn't have a lot left over) to make her some. I was in such a hurry to gift them that I forgot a picture of the full pair, though, so here is the first one and you can use your imagination to picture its twin!



3 comments:

Pamela said...

I’m sure these great gifts are much appreciated.

Carol said...

Babies seem to come in groups, don't they? My middle son's friends are all having them right now, too. Your little blanket will be much appreciated, Leonore. I still have some of the handmade blankets that were given to me for my first son 42 years ago :) Oh--and Happy Birthday to you! Hope it was a good one! ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Lovely work on the knitting and crochet. I just love wrist warmers and that wool is fabulous. Loved the socks you made from it in your previous post too.