Wednesday 15 February 2023

February Gifted Gorgeousness

It's February, and after the day chocolate and flowers we had yesterday, we got a day of general love and generosity today for Jo's Gifted Gorgeousness!

To start things off, I got the little heart I send out for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart blog hop - my yearly Valentine's present for my husband. This year, I stitched up 'Binary Heart' by StitchBucket. I finished it in a little hoop, and before you ask, I have no idea if it actually says anything - the pattern states 'it says I love you in robot' and that's what I'm sticking with!

 

I've also been working on Snuggle Up, the blanket that was a gift (well, the yarn was) from a group of friends for my birthday last year. As the rows grow endlessly long, it's slooooow going, but I made a good start at the second to last pattern...not sure I'll get it done by my birthday, but it won't be too long after!

Last but not least, I started a little Amigurumi (but one with a ton of parts, it seems...) for a friend. Not much to see yet, but I won't tell you who it is - can you tell yet? If not, maybe next month!



7 comments:

jocondine said...

The heart looks great, almost like 3D. Glad to see amigurumi on the blog, well the white and blue colors could mean something in the sea (I'm preparing TdF5 on sea theme so I see water everywhere) but it have to be a fantaisy character or maybe a Pokemon? Hugs. xxx

DJ said...

Such lovely knitting! Your blanket is going to be gorgeous! Such a cute heart...if only we could speak robot, huh? I loved visiting today!

Elfie said...

I love the heart and the blankie. The amiguri has me guessing, but no suggestions yet.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love that heart. To have to say something you would need some way to distinguish between the letters, like a full stop, similar to Morse Code.
I would say that it doesn’t say anything because there are long runs of red and then long runs of black.
Off to discover more about binary and letter codes!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well, good old Google says you can do it! Having had another look, I’d say the red and black alternate the letters.

https://copyassignment.com/binary-code-for-i-love-you/

Rachel said...

Lovely gorgeousness!
Even though the shawl is quite slow going, it must still be very satisfying to work on.
I have to admit I cheated and looked up Amigurumi, so I know which one it is! They are all so darn cute. Probably a good job I don't knit or crochet or my house would be full of little animals!

Pamela said...

Well done!