It took me a couple days to get caught up after a crazy month (with the one-a-day challenge and the mischiveous new starts), but I'm back on it now. I also have a couple more days off work after Easter, so maybe I can even get ahead a bit in my stitching game! For now, though, let me show you March's progress on my two BAPs, and answer the monthly question - What is your process for working on WIPs? Are you a one-at-a-time stitcher, a rotation stitcher, or something else? If you've been following my blog for a while, you know that I am anything but a one-at-a-time stitcher, and recently (well, a bit over a year ago) started to follow a loose rotation, copied from Rachel: Ten hours on a project before I switch to something else. I usually try to pick a focus piece and make every other rotation on that. I also have a couple of monthly goals and SALs I try to achieve 'on the side'. Usually it's too much, but I keep busy!
Now, for March, we had the additional challenge on WIPocalypse to pick one project and add at least one stitch on it every day of the month. I chose my Puppeteer and stitched on length of black every day, which made up for a total of 1,668 stitches!
That line on the lower left is less than 20 rows from the lower edge, so I am getting there! I still have 9,510 stitches of black left to go though, so this is definitively coming out for future one-a-day challenges. New total progress: 52,441 stitches/46.82%!
My usual monthly project is The Loneliness of Autumn, which I am SALing with Rachel - you can find her current update on it here. Last time, I was here:
I was working on another brown, 898, 28.24% done at 33,547 stitches. The colour was pretty spread out but I made good progress and have just under 300 stitches left of it now, all in the lower right corner:
My new total is 35,709 stitches and 30,06%! The goal for April is to finish the 898 and make a good start on the next colour, which is 814, so a nice red and very exciting.