Sunday 10 November 2019

Fully Finished Gallery - November

So mark this historic day, I am for probably the first and last time ever on time for this SAL AND actually have a new finish to show! You know a few months back, when I finished my Sashiko coasters, I said it'd given me an idea? After some planning and gathering supplies, I decided that today was the day I'd finally try it. Things didn't go exactly as planned, but I am still quite pleased with what I got :D

So you might remember (or maybe not? I'm not positive I ever shared the finish here) I was a model stitcher for this little tea cup my friend Ashley designed. I didn't really know what to do with it, so it's been lying aroung since, but now I added some cute lace to the borders to make it into a coaster:


I actually bought those clear acrylic coasters to put it in so it wouldn't get dirty, but obviously it's thicker than the photos they are meant to hold, so they won't close with this in it...now I have to figure out how to protect it, or I'll just end up with the prettiest coaster I'll never use! In any way, I think it's really cute, so I might end up stitching the other three cups too if I can figure out what to do with this one <3

6 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: I like this little piece, how about using a small square frame, using acrylic instead of glass, that way the piece will be protected and you can use it as a coaster.

Catherine

Susan said...

Very pretty and what a great finishing idea.

Pamela said...

Congrats on a cute finish!

Rachel said...

Thanks for taking part, and for linking back to October too. The lace really sets this coaster off. I hope you find a way of protecting it so you can actually use it. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a sweet little finish and it's a shamme it's too thick for the coaster holder. I hope you can figure something out.