Wednesday 3 July 2019

June WIPocalypse

I'm just a tiny bit late for this one, so I'm counting this at a win! It's WIPocalypse time, so here we go. The question of the month is Half-year recap:  How are you doing with your goals so far this year?, and my answer to that would be, pretty good! Even if it doesn't look like it - I'm way behind on the Mermaid (which should have been finished yesterday, but obviously is far from it) and my whittling down of WIPs isn't going all that well either, at least according to the numbers - but I have made a ton of progress on lots of things, I'm almost on top of my gift making and SALs, and I've actually finished and almost finished a few projects that have been lurking around for a long time. So yeah, I think things are going pretty well.

Now for my progress. My SALs - Mamluk, Blackwork and the Temperature SAL are all at the halfway point now, and aren't they all pretty? We had a few pretty hot days last week, so I got to introduce two new colours. Technically there are two more reds on my scale, but I really hope I won't need them.




And for my Mermaid - my 'Stitch a day' challenge piece for June, she's progressed to here:






Not as much as I had hoped - and my stitchy pie will show you why in a few days - but how could I be angry at her making slow progess when every bit I add is just so pretty?

For my other 'Stitch a day' piece - I'm still lagging behind severely on the Puppeteer, and at this point I'm not sure if I'll ever catch up (between vacation and work, I'm more than a month behind) but I'm still working on it every day and made good progress - another row finish! Just three more to go now:


I still have two more posts to do this week, so expect me back soon with lots of pretty pictures!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Nice progress! Your temperature project is gorgeous!

Rachel said...

Like you said, I think you're doing pretty well and have made good progress on a number of WIPs. Catching up is never easy but if you can make a little extra progress each day you will get there eventually. More importantly, you're still enjoying everything, and that's what counts. :)

diamondc said...

Leonore: I think you are progressing far, it looks like loads of stitch's have been added to all your projects.
Have a wonderful day.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitching, nice to see the warm colours on your Temperature SAL

Bethan said...

The blackwork piece looks beautiful. I think being slightly late is a win - I completely forgot to post at all! x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Any progress is good! With the sweltering temperatures we are having this week I am rather regretting not doing the Temperature SAL this year! There would have been so much red.