Friday 5 July 2019

June Stitchy Pie

Another month, another pie! This one is a little shameful for me...I got a lot of crafting time in, but it's split across so many projects, and the Mermaid didn't get nearly as much love as she deserved. I think the blame has to be shared between the Magical Stitches Group with all its fun challenges, me having a lot of out-of-home crafting time, and lack of discipline...I'll try to work on this!



Now for some picture time! Things I worked on that haven't shown up anywhere yet and are not likely to show up in any other post soon. There is Fans of the Far East, which came out to play as it fit in with a few of the Homework tasks, and travels well. I finished up the left edge of the middle fan and made a start on the border (and now that I see the picture, I realize how off-center it is...I really should get the edge of the fabric cleaned up before it gets any worse).


Then there is my Halata shawl, which I started last fall and now actually finished! I wanted some nice and bright colours for gray days, and I'm sure there will be more gray days this year, so mission acchieved.






Dark Forces and Flower Trellis also came out due to Magical Stitches Homework. Both saw a decent bit of progress, and both are likely to come out to play again soon!



And then there were two new starts! Another one of my beloved baby jackets, and Sekamelska is a really need crochet along, a joint effort by tsix generous designers. It's already been on for a little over three weeks, and I didn't really put much work in, as you can see, but I picked it up for another hour or so yesterday to finish part one (which is in the picture) and today I made it a good way through part two, so I hope I'll catch up eventually!


10 comments:

Pamela said...

I love your fans of the far east!

Carol said...

Wow! That fan piece is so lovely, Leonore, as is your pretty shawl. Those cheerful colors will brighten even the darkest of days :)

Hope you're enjoying a relaxing weekend!

Rachel said...

Your time certainly was shared between a lot of projects! The colours in the Halata shawl remind me of fire and ice. Let's not wish for winter weather yet but it'll be lovely when you can actually wear it. :)

Bethan said...

Lots of lovely stitching. Even if the Mermaid didn't get a lot of time, you did so much other stitching, so all is good x

diamondc said...

Leonore: That afghan is beautiful, the colors are so fresh.
You have many lovely projects going, I will follow to see how they are finished.

Catherine

Sheryl said...

Good progress made on several projects, I love your gorgeous shawl.

rosey175 said...

Gorgeous finished shawl and starts on the next! It looks almost like the Virus shawl. Maybe my lack of mojo is actually lack of discipline...... no, no, can't think like that. *lives in oblivion a bit more*

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You did work on a lot of different projects! That shawl is gorgeous, love the colours.

Robin Wylde said...

Is Fans of the Far East by Joan Elliott? I seem to remember that pattern in one of her books and I absolutely love it, in any case it's looking gorgeous so far :)

Leonore Winterer said...

It is, it's in her Oriental Odyssey book. I really love that collection, I think there's no pattern in there that I don't want to stitch!