Thursday 25 July 2019

July Gifted Gorgeousness

Wow, I'm late again! I've had a hard week...I was only a little late with the intention to catch up on everything last weekend, but on Thursday a friend died very unexpectedly, and I sunk into a deep pit of  being unmotivated and feeling like 'nothing really matters', so I just lazed around and spent time with family for most of the weekend. It still isn't easy, but I'm starting to feel much more like myself again, and I know getting back on track with stuff will help with that as well, so here we go.

I'm still having quite a few gift projects on the go, and I've been making quite good progress too! For the Mermaid, I put some work into the border (finishing ten whole and two partial shells) and also made progress on the rocks. I'm not sure I'll make the page finish in July, as there is quite some confetti going on in the last parts, but if not I'll probably have a nice overlap onto the last page to show for it.

There's also Lady Justice...I have yet too really put focus on this one, but for now it's fun to see it grow every time I throw a couple hundred stitches at it! But with how slowly The Mermaid is coming along, I'm feeling a slight bout of panic coming up about whether I'll actually be able to finish this in time...I just don't have too much quality stitching time this summer!



Knitting is easier, as I can just take it with me whereever I go. I still didn't finish the Hippo, but made great progress on the baby jacket; I finished the main knitting and only need to sew the shoulders closed, knit up the collar, and find some buttons now:


And then, last but not least, I got some gifts too! Or rather, bought them for myself...I still had an amazon gift card I got for my birthday, and found two Dimensions Gold kits that had been on my wishlist in forever and added up to exactly the amount on the gift card, so I went ahead and ordered them! I really wanted the Woodland Enchantress to go together with the Fall Fairy I already have, and I don't know what about Winter Retreat fascinates me but I've been in love with it for years!

7 comments:

Mini said...

I'm so sorry about your loss.I'm glad that you are crafting now. Love Dimensions gold kits.

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear about your friend; I hope you are feeling a bit better now, although the healing process will obviously take a long time.
Your stitching, knitting and gifts are lovely. I guess you're wanting to start your new projects straight away but hopefully you'll wait until you've finished a few WIPs first and keep that number under the magical 50. :)

Pamela said...

Great mermaid progress. The baby jacket is very sweet.

diamondc said...

Leonore: Your gifts are lovely, I love the Gold collections they have such lovely kits.
I do not knit but love the sweater, it is adorable.
I am so sorry about your friend, I hope it gets easier as time goes by.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's never easy, especially when it's unexpected.
Yay for the progress on your Mermaid, I can't wait to see her finished!
Such a sweet jacket, beautiful colours.
Your new kits are lovely, I really like the Winter Retreat.

Bethan said...

Oh Leonore. So many thoughts and hugs for you and for your friend's family. It's good you've spent lots of time with family x

Tiffstitch said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. That does make it hard to feel up to doing anything. Great idea to have some retail therapy and love that jacket!