Thursday 30 August 2018

August Gifted Gorgeousness

 I am terribly behind with everything because I was traveling a lot (that first weekend outdoors was followed by my bachelorette party in Berlin, a weekend in Cologne with Felix, followed by a week at the GamesCom and a weekend at Felix' parents to celebrate Felix' 30th and FIL's 60th birthday), but I did get a little bit of stitching done and I'm going to tell you about it - one thing after another.

First, we have Gifted Gorgeousness, and I had a few gift finishes and some more progress before that! Felix helped my frame 99, which was our gift for his father's 60th birthday, and we gave it to him last weekend:  


Next, we have Peanut the Cat, who was finally fully assembled and ready for me to take him to my bachelorette party where he was supposed to be united with his new mum - but sadly, she caught some stomach bug before that, and so he had to come back home with me for now.


That trip to Berlin also saw the creation of a new pair of crocodile stitch crochet wrist warmers - one was made on the train ride there, one on the train ride back - that will be send to my friend Jody in Australia soon. I'm making a second pair out of the same ball of yarn and if I have enough left over, I'll try and add a fancy edge around to upper edge too.



Last but not least, I continued working on The Mermaid and finished all of the sky by the GG date. I haven't touched her since (because, you know, TWs aren't the best companions for travel stitching), but I'm itching to get back to her :)


9 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. 99 looks wonderful all finished and framed. I love the scaly gloves too. Shame about kitty but at least she has pulled herself together this month and hopefully will be in her forever home soon.

Pamela said...

99 Bottles looks great! Congrats on the finish. You've been busy with many things besides stitching!

Mii Stitch said...

Your have done plenty despite your busy life :) All look great!

Bethan said...

I love the crochet handwarmers - do you have somewhere you recommend to get a pattern? The wool you have used is lovely. I hope you had a great bachelorette party! Great work this month; I'm going to sort of miss seeing 99 bottles x

Sheryl said...

Well you did manage to get some stitching done while travelling. Love how all the bottles look finished and framed and the gorgeous wrist warmers, how pretty they are.

Carol said...

Oh, I bet your dad loved the beer bottle piece!! What a great gift for a 60th birthday :)

rosey175 said...

Yes, Peanut gets finished! Shame about the bachelorette bug; that's no fun at all. Crocodile stitch is fun but uses so much yarn!

Brigitte said...

Ach je, das kleine Kätzchen sieht so richtig süß aus. Das ist dir gut gelungen.

Astrids dragon said...

The bottles look great, was he surprised? Did he love it?!
I'd be tempted to keep Peanut, he's adorable.
I love the wrist warmers, I think they look like dragon or mermaid scales!