I know I've been awefully quiet - live has been busy, and will continue to be so for at least another month, so blogging hasn't been that high up on my list recently. Stitching has, because I really need to to counterweight all the business! Last week we celebrated IHSW again, and thanks to a really 'convenient' summer cold, I actually managed to get quite some stitching in, but first, I want to start with something I actually finished before IHSW (and, you know, wanted to make a seperate post about, but life happened, and stuff).
So before I get into my IHSW stitching, I have one finish to share that happened the week before (I wanted to make a seperate post for that...but again, blogging...not very high on the list for now). Remember that little Corgi I showed in my last update? He's all finished now, and so cute! He's my first contribution to a charity stitching project, so he's on his way to be made into a quilt for a little boy, but it was seriously hard to part with him.
When IHSW came around, I got to start it off with a big celebratory happy dance - a finish on Ink Circle's 99! I was so happy to get those last few bottles out, and I'm very pleased with the result. It's awaiting framing now, which should happen within the next couple of days.
And then, even so I really don't need a new start, I just couldn't help myself - I celebrated by getting a little all-beads Mill Hill kit out that had been in my stash for over a year now, and ever since I got it, I couldn't wait to start it! It's Flower Trellis, a kit containing two perforated paper ornaments done and finished with tons of beads. All the beads are attached with half crosses and use the same thread colour, so it stitched up pretty quickly. I've already finished 1/3 of the first ornament, but put it away again for now - this will be a little treat for myself for whenever I need it!
Apart from that little excursion, I used IHSW to focus on Fire and Ember - UnconventionalXStitch was hosting a Stitchathon event from the 20th to the 30th, so I was aiming for a page finish during that time frame (spoiler alert: I made it!). On IHSW, I got the first two colours in, which already amounted for a fair bit of progress: