So, let's start with the weekend we spent away at Felix' parents. As I had said, I took lady with my to stitch on, and on a wonderfull sunny Saturday evening on the balcony I made quite some progress. I moved the hoop again and now I can fit almost all of the remaining area (of this page, not the whole design, of course), so I'm starting to fill in the wide-spread colours (like the greens) while taking turns working on the smaller areas as well.
I know I had planned to focus my stitching time on Cut Thru' Cottage now, but after last weekend I knew I had to stitch up another gift first - Felix' grandma is turning 75 this year in AUgust, and I wanted to make one of these designs that have the names of all the grandchildren for her (she has eight, and loves her family over everything else, so it's perfect for her). So I had to leave CTC for now, and dive right into this new project. I worked on the 'boring' part last week, and will leave it at that just to make you curious, I will show more the next time around (hopefully, there will be more to show by then).
I also worked on the next part of my blanket-CAL, the rows 21-30. There was a new stitch called star stitch in there, and I had a few problems making it look neat at first, but after a while I figured it out and I think it looks quite nicely now. I might use it again in other projects, it looks like it might make a great border or something.
So that's it with the catch-up game! Seeing it all together in one place like this, I'm feeling much better about my accomplishments already. Still, I hope to get my next update out on time!