Sunday, 9 August 2026

July WIPocalypse

 Let me make use of a rare break between heat waves to get out my WIPocalypse checkin for July...just *slightly* late! This will be a short one, and without pictures, but I got some pretty things coming up to update you on soon! 

So the question for July was What is your comfort zone regarding the number of projects to have kitted and in progress at any one time? Great question! I am currently in the process of figuring that out. I do not care about kitted projects - got a ton of these and I'll get to them when I get to them - but as for works in progress, I can only tell you that 53 is not the number, as I still feel a bit uncomfortable with that! I *think* below 50 (all crafts combined) will be better, but ideally, I'd like to see a number so I can actually work on everything in a year, and not keep smaller, quicker projects around for ages, so probably somewhere around 30?

So I already spoiled it, but my total number of WIPs is still sitting firm at 53. I finished the mimic, but started another crochet thing (that will be done soon), and as I got a long to do list of stuff to make for family and friends I am pretty sure each finished one will be swiftly replaced by a new one for a while yet. So if I want to get the number further down, I will have to work on a couple older things! There are a few candidates for being finished soon, though, so I am hopeful we can dipp to 52 or 51 in August. Fingers crossed! 

No comments: