Sunday, 23 August 2026

A Mermaid and two Unicorns

 I didn't post about my Magical Creature Sampler in July, but I did stitch on it - so now you are getting a double feature! 

In July, I added Marina, the Mermaid. By what I am sure is sheer coincidence, she looks an awful lot like Ariel from the Disney movie...but she got some different friends, a jelly fish and an angler fish. Very summery and cute! 

 

In July, we got two new additions -  Rainbow Dust and Plum Sparkle, the Unicorns. I don't think there are Unicorns anywhere in the mainstream Disney movies, so no one to compare these to. These were so much fun to stitch, just look at all the pretty colours!


 I'm still really enjoying this sampler and looking forward to the next section to stitch in September. Hope you are too!

 

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Very cute!

diamondc said...

This is such a sweet post, I love the little mermaid and the unicorn.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's very cute, I'm tempted to do a sampler in a couple of years for our granddaughter, I've plenty of time to choose as she is only 11 weeks old hee hee

Carol said...

Definitely and Ariel look-alike there :) Your newest blocks are so cute and fun, Leonore. Enjoy this last week of August! ♥

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful stitching! So, there's an animated show called Gravity Falls which I think is a Disney production and it's a little out there as far as there's lots of other creatures in it besides the people. There are unicorns, and they're kind of jerks, it's pretty funny. I think they're only in one episode though.