Monday, 20 July 2026

June WIPocalypse

 It's finally cooled down a bit, and I'm hoping to be able to catch up on some things! One of which is this WIPocalypse check in that I am...somewhat late for. Well. 

The question of the month was Half-year recap:  How are you doing with your goals so far this year? My goal for the year was to get from 58 WIPs down to below 50, and it's actually going quite well! In June, I finished the Phoenix (just need to give it a nice good iron...and couldn't bring myself to do that during the heat wave, but it's also on the list for this week!) and scrapped one WIP - it was Magical's Sampler SAL, which is never going to get finished due to her indefinit hiatus. So I finally decided to just bin it, and gave what was left of that fabric (a not quite evenly woven linen) away to a friend who wanted to try embroidery. That's technically two WIPs down, but I also decided to add my two small-ish crochet WIPs to the official count as they are taking longer than I thought. Will show them to you soon. So we remain stable at 53, which is still more than half way there!

I am especially proud of myself for getting the number of WIPs down without denying myself any new starts or just going for the quick wins - in fact, I have made a ton of progress on some of my bigger WIPs this year, as well! It's a nice balance, and I am hoping to continue this trend for what remains of the year (although I got a gigantic list of gift crafting plans again, oh my.). That's it for today, posts with pictures coming up soon! 

No comments: