Thursday 1 August 2024

August WIPGO

Time for my August WIPGO update, and this time I got real progress to report!

While I did not work on Dark Forces (called in July), I finished my 10 hours on Red Velvet Cake (called in June). I finished the 'spikes' around the central circle, then started on the red frame around this whole motif. This one is pretty large, and despite adding a total of 1278 stitches, I only managed a quarter of the way around!


I also did another 10 hours on Guardian of Wayfarers, bringing my total up to 79.2% and finishing a couple more shades of blue (and one green).

Now for August, the numbers called where another round of GoW, and also Things Unseen, a Lizzie*Kate mystery sampler I last touched two years ago:


Last time I worked on this I finished the text over part 1 and 2, now I want to work on finishing part 1 by adding some of the bigger motifs on the left side. This is fun to work on and travels well as it's only a couple colours, so perfect for another busy month!

So with the additions for July and August, my board looks like this now - still a bit behind, but at least I haven't fallen further back:




3 comments:

Pamela said...

Guardians is really looking gorgeous! Red velvet cake looks good enough to eat. Very pretty! I don’t remember seeing this Lizzie Kate piece before. I look forward to seeing progress.

diamondc said...

Leonore: Wowzer you have been busy, look how close you are to the ending of Gurdians, so close and so lovely, the colors are stunning.

Pamela said...

Nice progress on all three. The colors in Red Velvet Cake are yummy!