Monday 24 December 2018

Adventcalendar Blog Hop - 24

This year I got the big jackpot in Jo's famous Advent Calendar Blog Hop - Christmas Eve, or Heiligabend, as we call it here! What will you find behind the door?






I actually tried to stitch something new for the hop, but I also had a last-minute present to finish and then there just wasn't enough time to do both...so here is an ornament I did last year - 'Snow Birds' by Country Cottage Needleworks, from the 2013 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments Special Issu.


So that is one part of the blog hop done, the other part is talking about our favourite Christmas songs. Man, I love Christmas songs...that makes it reeeeally hard to chose just one! So I'll give you a few runner-ups before I get to the number one.

So, the song that makes me feel the most christmas-y inside is the old German Oh du Fröhliche. It's always the last song we sing in church on Christmas Eve, right before we go home and have food and presents, so ever since I was a child it's just pretty much the song that really start's Christmas for me.

Felix' and mine favourite Christmas album for the last couple of years has been 'A Hollens Family Christmas Album' by Peter Hollens. I love that guy...have you seen/heard his version of Angels from the Realm of Glory? Instant-Goosebumps, and time of year!

But my currently favourite Christmas song is his original December Song. I love the music, the text and most of all the message - let everyday be Christmas!


13 comments:

Ariadne said...

Beautiful pin cushion! Have a great holiday!AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. Love your Ornie, it's a classic. For some reason I always think they are seagulls, one with very long legs!
Great music choices too, perfect to round off the Hop.

Mouse said...

what a beautiful song :) loved listening to it tonight … love your wee ornament .. wishing you a wonderful stitchy Christmas and hope that the stash fairy is good to you :) love mouse xxxxx

Susan said...

Happy Christmas! I had not heard that song before but am heading over to iTunes or checking out Amazon for a download. Love the ornament. With three new families in the extended family, I need lots of stitched ornaments now and this one is going on the list.

Elfie said...

Snow Birds is very lovely, and so is your Christmas song. Merry Christmas!

rosey175 said...

Lovely little ornament on lovely blue fabric! I really liked the German songs. Great finish to the hop; Merry Christmas to you guys~ :D

Katie said...

Beautiful finish. Great songs. Thanks for sharing.

Beth in IL said...

Love the finish. There is never enough time, is there?

Sheryl said...

Beautiful cross stitch ornament and I like the song which I had never heard before.

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet snowbirds, I like it on the blue fabric.
All beautiful songs, especially Angels from the Realms of Glory.

Bethan said...

Lovely stitching, and thanks for sharing all the song choices! I hope you both had a wonderful Christmas x

Sheryl said...

The snow birds ornament is very pretty and I Love, Love, Love the wonderful Angels from the Realm of Glory, great video, am taking note. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year.

Leonore Winterer said...

There never is! I surely could use another ten hours a day.