Hello my lovelies...I know it's been a while since my last update, and I'm especially late for Gifted Gorgeousness by more than a week, but I've been terribly busy at work - we had a paper deadline Tuesday morning, and I was working late hours and almost all weekend. Then it also was my birthday this week, and of course a bit pf celebration with my grandparents was due (Felix is out of town on a business trip...we'll get to celebrate together this weekend when we are going to Leipzig with my best friend) and after all the work and stuff, I needed a bit of time to myself to get back down to earth yesterday, so no is honestly the first time I can sit down and write this post - although I don't have that much to show either because, you know, busy!
Anyways, a bit of crafting did happen after all. For Gifted Gorgeousness, I've still been working on some gifts I can't show you just yet (but soon, I promise!), and also on the Mermaid Tail blanket. I think this is about four, maybe five, skeins since the last time I showed it. So, progress is being made, but I feel like it's much to slow...I can't take this with my this weekend (it's just gotten to BIG!), but I will have some serious crocheting to do next week.
I've also got some stichty presents for my birthday! I forgot to take pictures of the titles, but I'll link you to them. From Felix, I got the Japanese Garden kit by Dimensions, and my grandparents gave me the Blackwork Water Lily kit from Bothy Threads. I've wanted to try blackwork for quite a while now, so of course I had to start it right away, and it's so much fun! I've left it at my grandparents' house, though, so it won't mess up my rotation at home (I just know I couldn't keep my hands of it) and also because I like having something to work on for when I visit them. So I'll still have a little progress to show almost every week. Here's how far I got on Tuesday evening:
Now on the non-gifty side, I have finished the March page (page 21 in the pattern, page 9 for me) on the Fire and Ember SAL. There were less colour blocks on this page, so it was more difficult to line up both sides for the fixing, and it does show a bit more, but I still really really hope it will be okay in the end. The next page (and last page of fixing) is mostly black, so it will be easier to get is back to lined up and keep it there, I'm hoping.
Last but not least, I've also been working on my Puppeteer. I'm behind by a few days though, so I only added about 400 stitches. I'll catch up next week, hopefully.