Friday 20 April 2018

April Gifted Gorgeousness

I'm only a week later than the checkin date and still weeeell within the timeframge to sign up - yay me! I know I am notoriously late for stuff at the moment, but I think overall, I've done good this month. Still, I don't have a lot to report on the Gifted Gorgeousness front. It was my birthday in March, and I got some stuff for that - my best friend gave me this gorgeous yarn bowl, and a friend from work a knitting kit for a little fluffy dog:







For my own work, I have some exciting news that I can somehow shoehorn into GG - well, not that exciting on the grand scheme of things, but exciting for me! I got to do my first model stitching and crochet, and since I technically got those patterns for free, I am including it here.
One was a little stitch for my friend Ashley - she did a pattern with five little parts and asked each of our group to stitch and colour check one of them. She hasn't released the patterns yet, so I'm not going to share here, but it was a lot of fun!

The other one was a girl my best friend met when she was selling her art prints at the Leipzig book fair - she was selling amigurumi and they got talking and my friend mentioned that I do crochet as well, and then I was asked if I was interested in model crocheting and transcribing her hand written patterns. For now, she gave me a pattern she had already cleaned, probably to see if I can actually follow her instrictions - and so I made this adorable little sea horse:


I'm not sure yet if anything else will come of it, but it sure was fun!

7 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with all your cute creations, well, the one we can see!
Love that yarn bowl though.

Susan said...

Happy belated birthday. That yarn bowl is very cool. The seahorse is amazing. Having seen your pieces over the years, you'll be a wonderful model stitcher. Looking forward to seeing your stitched piece.

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday! Your seahorse is so cute! Well done.

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Happy belated birthday =) The yarn bowl looks amazing and the sea horse is so adorable =)

Brigitte said...

Das sind wirklich tolle Geschenke, die du bekommen hast, auf jeden Fall sehen sie interessant aus. Und so cool that you jetzt eine Modell-Häklerin bist. Das Seepferdchen ist schon mal gut geworden.

Hobbying the Introvert said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Love that bowl.

Stitching Noni said...

Happy belated birthday! Love your seahorse :o)