Thursday 25 May 2017

Alphabet Club Catch Up - S

I've missed one week (last week was really busy as we were away on business last weekend - more on that later), but it's time for another post on the road of catching up!


This weeks letter is 'S', so here are my 'Turtels all the way down', and 'turtles' in German is 'Schildkröten'. Literally, that means something like 'shield toad' or 'armored toad' - you know how Germans are, we rather combine words in funny ways than invent new ones! Another example (and incidently, it also starts with an 'S') is 'Schnecke' - 'snail'. And then 'slug' means 'Nacktschnecke' - 'naked snail'!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

I like turtles! I watch for them every day on my way to work. Yours are very pretty.

Mii Stitch said...

Very pretty Schildkroten finish!!

Bekah said...

Haha I love "naked-snail" for a slug! How very true. Hope your business trip went well.

Brigitte said...

Die Schildkröten passen sehr gut.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What wonderful words! The turtles look great too.

Mountain Ash said...

Love the turtles - really cute. The hanger is really nice too - is it available outside Germany, do you know?