Tuesday 16 January 2018

January Gifted Gorgeousness

I didn't get quite as much done as I had hoped since the last time I posted - just when I thought things were starting to calm down, we had to take grandma to the hospital on Friday night. She had surgery right away, but she's doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

Meanwhile, I decided it's more important to be on time then to just maybe finish a little more, so I'm just going to show you what I got done since last time.






Earlier in the month, I finished my Morning Dew Saffron, a late Christmas present for a friend. I just managed to get it boxed up and will send it out today on my way to work.





I stitched four more bottles on 99, a birthday present for my almost-FIL. I was hoping to get at least six more done by the end of the month; we will see about that.





The headband I showed you last month was restarted; it was just a bit to slim and I didn't like the way the edges looked when following the pattern. I just have a tiny bit done bit hopefully there will soon be more of it.


I was also sent some awesome gifts!


This is from my friend Nancy in Canada - she mailed it in the beginning of December, but it got only here last weekend. The ornament was from the Stitching Pirate's ornament exchange, and than she also got me that awesome book with 25 very cute knitting patterns. I already got a few picked out that I want to make for my dog loving friends, so we have a GG win-win here!

Yesterday, I got a huge box from my friend Carla in Colorado. She had been collecting things to send to me for two years to make the most of the postage, and I had all but forgotten about a few of the things that would be in there!





There are two Dimensions kits, two TW patterns and one from Ink Circles. Also a lot of a very gorgeous yarn (Lion brand Homespun) she used to use to crochet bags, but she can't crochet a lot now because her hands are acting up, so she's thinning out her yarn stash. I already have some plans to bring it to use :)





Also, some non-stitchy stuff: Moose-soap and Alaskan Moosetard (she just moved from Alaska about half a year ago), some more soap that smells amazing, a very pretty drawstring bag, a bunch of needleminders from Jody (I now have one for almost every pattern of hers that I own) and a set of finger nail stickers - I will have to find out how to put these on and then wait for a good opportunity to wear them!





Also included in the box was a prize I had one in a Stitching Pirate's contest a while back, and almost forgotten about. There was that lovely pink-ish glass ornament, and then a travel stitching kit Carla made that is the most perfect thing ever. The little needlebook has a few needles and also a pouch with a pretty pair of scissors, the biscornu is sooo pretty and perfectly shaped, and then there's also a thread catcher cloth and a few small clips.





I had to take a closeup of the bag because that botton is the most pretty button I have ever seen! The bag is also lined with fabric and has a few handy little pockets inside.





An last but not least, there was also this secret box I am not allowed to open yet - I am very very grateful to both Carla and Nancy, your gifts cheered me up a lot when I was in serious need of cheering up, thank you so much :)

13 comments:

Katie said...

Wow lots of wonderful gifts. Great work on your knitting and your 99 WIP.

Pamela said...

The shawl is gorgeous! The gifts go on and on! Wow!

Debbie said...

Such a beautiful shawl...x

Mii Stitch said...

Wow, this is a gift bonanza post! Great progress on your beer bottles project.

Ariadne said...

What lovely gifts you have got there!AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the colours in the shawl you made.
Gorgeous gifts from Carla too, she really got her money's worth from the postage!
Hope your Grandma is feeling better soon.

Elfie said...

I have enjoyed my little visit today. Your projects are so varied, and so lovely.

Elfie said...

I have enjoyed my little visit today. Your projects are so varied, and so lovely.

Bethan said...

What lovely gifts. I hope your grandma feels better soon x

Sheryl said...

Beautiful shawl colours and wonderful gifts from your friends. how generous and just when you needed cheering.

Hobbying the Introvert said...

Look at that shawl miss lady! It's like a beautiful ombre leaf of some kind. D'aw to the gifts too.

Brigitte said...

Was für ein großartiges Paket du von deiner Freundin bekommen hast. Ich kann mir lebhaft vorstellen, wie toll es gewesen sein muss, das aufzumachen und alles zu entdecken.
Es ist jetzt schon ein paar Tage später. so hoffe ich, dass es deiner Oma langsam besser geht. Es dauert seine Zeit, bis man nach einer OP wieder einigermaßen auf den Beinen ist. Ich wünsche ihr gute Besserung.

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful GG gifties, Leonore - enjoy!