Thursday 14 December 2017

Upside Down Update

Just in case you have been wondering whether I am still alive...I am! But I am currently about as far away from home as I can get without leaving the planet, attending a conference in Melbourne. Before my flight, I was frantically trying to get things done - both for the journey, but also a few Christmas things I had to finish and/or send off before I left. Quite a few things I can't show yet in fact - but soon! And there were also two things I can show, so I'm going to do that now.

First, I finished another two-weeks block on Snowwhite. I finished the next shade of yellow, and as I treat I decided to work on her sleeve after that. I think I will finish that very early in the next rotation, and start the next shade on her skirt then.


I also finish-finished my Snow Bird ornament! I did a flat ornament finish using mounting board for the same time, and used some salfmade (second try - much better than the first time) cording around the edge and for the hanger. The bow is from grandma's stash, and I am pretty content with the end result :)


So that's it for now...I'll be home again next Tuesday, but maybe I can get another remote-update up before that!

8 comments:

Pamela said...

How exciting to be at a conference in Melbourne! Great progress on Snowwhite and great finish on the ornament!

Mii Stitch said...

They always say practice makes perfect! What a sweet little ornament.

rosey175 said...

I think I've really underestimated the size of those Disney Mucha patterns and they've been in my wishlist forever! I love watching your Snow White grow.

Susan said...

Nice progress and a beautiful finish. I love making cording, but it always takes me two tries to be happy with it. Hope you get to see some of Melbourne outside the conference. Safe home.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Snow White is going to be gorgeous! Hope you're having a nice time in Australia, while Kaye is over here!
Nice finish on Snow Birds.

Bethan said...

Hope you are having a good time away! Lovely Snow Birds ornament, and nice progress on Snow White x

Sheryl said...

The Snowbird is gorgeous, a lovely finish.

Brigitte said...

Das Ornament sieht toll aus mit der weißen Kordel und der Schleife. Gefällt mit gut. Und großer Fortschritt bei Snowwhite.
In der Zwischenzeit bist du ja sicher wieder zu Hause, ich hoffe, es war erfolgreich.
Schöne Weihnachten!