Saturday 11 November 2017

A very yellow princess and a very green shawl

So, while I feel terribly busy in my life once again, stressing out usually leads to me using every free minute for crafting, which leads to quite a few things to show, actually - interesting correlation, isn't it? I've even worked on my long, long to do list for a bit! First, I finished the second sleepy blanket bunny for my coworker's son (I just never felt the inclination to finish this since he has yet to introduce us...).


Next up on my list was knitting a hat for Felix - I did the matching ones for my and my grandparents last winter, so it's high time he gets his as well! I made a good start so far, but it's still a bit more to finish it.






I did my usual 'work' on Snow White - another two weeks worth of stitching. There is so much yellow! I think it will be at least another month until I finish this particular shade. I think when I have, I'll work on another section of hers for a bit.





We weren't home last weekend, when I was supposed to start the next page of Fire and Ember. I still found a little time to work on it and since, after finishing a row, I have moved back to the huge colour blocks of the background on the left edge, Is still got more than 500 stitches in - not too bad!





And then I also started a new crochet project since finally, my yarn arrived. This is supposed to be a christmas present for a friend, so I better chopchop! It's another one of these self-colour-changing yarns with a lovely gradient from light green, two different dark greens and blues. Although the first few rows looked very violently green before the darker greens came in! The pattern is called Saffron, and a similiar shawl is apparently worn by someone on Fire Fly (admition time: I have yet to watch that!). So, a bit over 20 rows in, there's still a lot of work to do.





Last but not least, I started this cute little Mill Hill kit...I kept stealing its beading needle for other things so I thought I might as well stitch it! Not much to see yet, but it will be a nice distraction if my other projects ever go on my nerves.





I don't have a lot of plans this weekend, so hopefully, this means a lot of stitching time! We'll see what I can get done...

9 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow! Great progress on all of these. A mix of techniques to keep you on your toes!

Susan said...

You always amaze me with how much you get done in such a short period of time! Everything looks great, but those bunnies are the cutest!

Linda said...

Love all of your projects Leonore. The bunnies are adorable.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful work on everything, although sorry to hear you've been stressed!

Brigitte said...

Oh ja, meine Güte, du musst aber sehr unter Stress gewesen sein die letzten Wochen, lol. Da gibt es ja was zu sehen in fast jedem Handarbeitsbereich - Stricken, Häkeln, Sticken, es fehlt nichts. Und so schöne Sachen.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gosh, you have been busy! So many lovely crafts too.
That last shawl is going to be lovely!
"Admition" got me, I knew it wasn't right but couldn't think how I would spell it! Turns out it is "admission" the same spelling as admission entry into a place. Don't you just love English?

Pam said...

I saw a photo from your blog on Hokkaido Kudasai blog. It was a photo of your Kogin. I was struck by your embroidery frame. Where can one find those large white clamps which hold the fabric on the frame? What about the frame? Who manufactures these and what are they called? Thanks!
PS I am also a lover of video games.

Carin said...

Those are some great projects ! Love the green shawl

Sheryl said...

A lot of work done, love the bunny blankets, what a good idea and the beautiful shawl colours.