Monday 16 October 2017

October Gifted Gorgeousness

I'm having kind of a dilemma here...I am almost not late for my checkin, but I hardly have anything to show! Which is not because I didn't work on any gifts or freebies (great shoehorns for GG!), but because I can't show any of those yet. So...oh, I do have one thing to show, and that is an updated picture of those blue socks I'm knitting for Felix' dad. They are a bit shorter than the last ones I made for him, so I already reached the heel.


Now for my non-GG stitching, I did make some progress on my Halloween Cat - the first pumpkin is no finished and I love those vibrant colours! Also, a cat leg has appeared and is waiting to be attached to the rest of that spooky feline.


And then, of course, the dragon made a comeback last weekend and saw some progress as well. I might even finish the page next weekend, if I can find some time!






In the end, one last thing I wanted to mention for a while, but I keep forgetting - I usually 'deal' with the comments I get as they come in as emails and I answer them (more or less straight away), but lately I have noticed that some comments are not coming in as emails for some reason. So I don't know if this problem lies on my side or on yours - and if anyone can enlighten me in that matter, shine away! - but if you've felt ignored by me in the past, I am really sorry and I promised I was not doing it on purpose!



12 comments:

Magical Mystery said...

Progress is great!

Those commends are called "No reply" commenters - they don't have an email etc set to reply - you have to go to the blog and reply from there (and if they have set it to see comments on the blog then they will see the reply too)

I personally always go to the blog to reply as I worry the replies won't show up there and it looks like I don't reply (not sure if this is true but it's my worry) Of course at the moment I'm a bot late in replying to some comments.

Linda said...

I love all of your projects Leonore. Nobody gets an email from me and hasn't in over 3 years. Nobody knows why.

Linda

Pamela said...

Great halloween project! There are about ten commenters on my blog who do not come in by email. I don't know why either.

Brigitte said...

Na, die Socke passt ja hervorragend zu GG. Ich habe diesen Monat wahrscheinlich keinen GG Eintrag - dafür hatte ich letzten Monat zwei ohne es zu merken, lol.

Bisher habe ich nur die Kommentare als Emails bekommen, die von Bloggern mit Emailkonto waren, Kommentare von no-reply Bloggern (wie von dir) wurden nicht in meine Mailbox weitergeleitet. Vor ein paar Tagen habe ich eine andere Emailadresse eingetragen und nun werden alle Kommentare weitergeleitet. Da muss ich nun aber aufpassen, ob jemand auf no-reply ist oder nicht. Denn wenn ich den no-reply Bloggern antworten würde, dann würden meine Antworten im Nirwana des Netzes verschwinden.

Leonore Winterer said...

I guess I'll have to go back to doing that as well...up until a little while ago, I did get mails, even from non-reply bloggers, which is why I am a little confused here!

Leonore Winterer said...

No that you mention it, I did not get any mails from your comments since 2015...I'm sorry I didn't notice sooner, I'll try to be better from now on!

Leonore Winterer said...

That is so strange. If blogger wasn't that convenient, I might really consider using something else...

Mii Stitch said...

Great work on the knitting and stitching!!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month, even if most of it secret stitching!
The email notifications which you are not getting come from people with Yahoo emails (and a couple of other providers). Google owns Blogger and Gmail and is trying to force every to use Gmail. It's nothing to do with "no reply" people, they are a different problem!

The solution is to go to "Moderate Comments". People with gmail compatible addresses will appear in your mailbox and you Publish from there. People like Linda and Vickie remain in your Moderated Comments section on your blog dashboard where you can copy and paste them into an email and respond like that. You publish them from the Dashboard.
If that doesn't make sense, let me know and I can do some screen shots!

Magical Mystery said...

All comments are sent as emails to you but you just can't reply to them all - I had to do a battle with my blog to be a reply blogger as google took it over and changed things.

Elfie said...

Lovely work.

Bethan said...

Great work! I love the blue of the sock x