Thursday 31 August 2017

The Alphabet Club - Y

I went to such efforts to catch up with this, and then I almost miss my first month back on track! Shame on me. But then, 'Y' is a difficult letter in German. I did some research and found that there even has been a partition to abolish it since there are no native German words starting with it, and almost every instance of the letter appearing in out language has an alternate version without it. (for example, 'Bavarian' can bei 'Bayrisch' or 'Bairisch', there's 'Yoghurt' and 'Joghurt', and so on). So I don't have a word to share this month, but I hope this info bit serves as a substitute!

Looking through my stitching, I wasn't any more successful, either...so, let me repeat this picture of my last yarn purchase. Sorry. Maybe I'll find something better for the last month, although my hopes are not too high!


3 comments:

Pamela said...

Hasn't this Alphabet Club been fun? I've learned so much.

Brigitte said...

Yarn ist ein guter Ersatz, wenn es schon kein deutsches Wort gibt.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think the information about Y was very interesting and made up for the lack of a word! Hope Z is easier and that you'll like my idea for the next SAL. All will be revealed soon!