Tuesday 18 July 2017

July Gifted Gorgeousness

Can you believe it's July already? More than half the year is officially over! As usual, my plans are not half as finished as I would like them to be - mostly because I'm way too easily distracted - but that's okay, progress is happening and that is good enough for me.
Now it's time for another Gifted Gorgeousness post, and for a moment I thought I didn't have anything to show, but then I realized that, while I didn't make any new progress on my to-be-gifted projects, I still have quite a few things that will fit!

First, I got this wonderful box from my friend Magical, stuffed with all sorts of wonderful stuff!





The majority of the contents here (the tea, delicious stroop waffles, Jodyri threads, those cute 'shows' (it's a magnet) and plate as well as the coloris pattern) were a prize for a content on dA I won a while ago and both of us had almost forgotten about, then there are the beads and sequin-candidates for my Lizzie Wallet SAL (she had the right beads in stash and generously offered to send me some) and then this adorable little pair of scissors that she got a bunch of and included one - they are sold as phone charms, but are working scissors nevertheless, and so cute and tiny that it should be no problem to take them on a plane too! (the blade is less than 1cm I think).

I then went on and used those beads to fully finish part 2 of the Lizzie Wallet SAL (which I couldn't do the week before dues to the missing beads). I also have the Coloris thread and a few more options on the sequins now, so I can dive right into part 3 and 4 and get caught up!




I also finished the second part of the Steochalong last week (and still have no idea what it is going to be!). As I think I previously mentioned, the pattern is pay what you want, and I will probably donate a little at some point, but it still feels more like a freebie(two way gift than actually buying the pattern so let me just shoehorn that one into the GG ;)



Now for the non-GG part, we were at Felix' parents last weekend, spending most of the time outside camping with a campfire and friends and lots of foods and games. It was quite relaxing most of the time, so I made the most of the daylight I got and worked on page 13 of the Fire and Ember SAL. I was hoping for a page finish actually, but that didn't quite work out - there just wasn't enough stitching time, and I also ran out off a few colours on my thread card and didn't bring extras! Still, I made some nice progress, and I'm looking forward to finishing this page, as it already looks quite cool.







Last but not least, I also brought some knitting along with me - Viajante, a big shawl-loop-hood thingy I started last year and never really got into much. I have done about 35 rows, finishing the triangle start and am now working in the round, which seems to go faster and also looks reallyreally need. Now I just need to continue like this for a looong time, and since the look won't change spectacularly, it will probably be a while before I show her again!


6 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Great post and lovely gifts! I need to get my GG post up too, thanks for the reminder. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. What a lovely prize to win, so many great gifts there.
Love the Steoch SAL, it's going to spell something out but I have no idea what!

Pamela said...

Nice prize! The wallet is really gorgeous. Many projects in the works - I understand that!

Brigitte said...

Die Box, die du als Preis bekommen hast, sieht richtig verführerisch aus. Es hat sicher richtig Spaß gemacht, das alles auszupacken.
Gut, dass du auch ein wenig zum Sticken gekommen bist während des Besuchswochenendes.
Bei dem Steachalong Teil bin ich gespannt, wie es weitergeht.

Bethan said...

What a fantastic prize. And so many great projects in progress x

Justine said...

Love the Steoch SAL, they are such lovely colours. You won a great prize. I have no idea how you can stitch and knit such big projects outdoors!