...I'm not just talking about another long overdue progress update, but also about a WIP that needs to be finished soon and that I see no chance finishing in time now that I picked it up again after way too long a break. In my defense (although it's a weak defense for getting distracted like I get all the time!) it's for a friend of Felix' and I didn't think we'd actually get to see her until about a month after her birthday, and now we are going to her party after all so I guess I just won't be ready. So now that I got you all thorougly confused, let me show you what I'm talking about:
Do you recognize it? It's the mermaid tail blanked I started back in January! Last weekend when we were visiting Felix' parents, I left my stitching at home and only took the blanket and a ton of yarn and I made some serious progress. I finished the fins (don't worry, they'll get folded and sewn together to look better in the end) and made a total progress of almost ten skeins now (I ordered 30, we'll see if that's enough), so I'm at least confident I can get it done until our 'about a month after the birthday' meeting.
I also started the next page of the Fire and Ember SAL. This page is a bit more difficult (with the fix going on and everything) since it has less colour blocking, but it's still going okay. I only have one colour finished yet, but I hope to get a good chunk of it done the coming week.
And last but not least, I also go some more black done on the Puppeteer - about 500 stitches. It's still a lot of fun watching this grow!