Last week, I was focusing on getting that first of four hats done I was working on. It's still missing the pompom, which I will be adding once I have both hats of the same colour scheme done (so I can just use the left over yarn), but I am happy to report that it fits my head perfectly, and I can go from here to see how I need to adjust size for the other four. I also love knitting with this yarn, it's a really soft pure merino wool, although knitting with four balls at once (since you take the yarn double) gets a bit messy at times.
Then over the weekend, I tried my hands on my very first pait of baby booties. I found a lovely pattern on ravelry that was a real joy to make, and I was even able to use left over yarn from my baby jackets - I was playing extreme yarn chicken in the end, but it was *just* enough*. I'm not so sure about the size, though; this is supposed to be the new born size, and even though I think I'm knitting pretty tight already, it feels more like a 3 month size. Not too mad about it though, they will grow into these!
These weren't on my list before, I just found out a bit ago that yet another guy from work is going to be a father soon - in fact, this month, so I had to whip something up quickly!
Not on my list, but 'just for fun' (not that stuff on the list isn't fun as well!) I also continued working on the current page of the Fire and Ember SAL and got two and a half colours done now. Not very much left to fill in!
Now, the list...let's look at the current progress!
Two toddler-scarfes 'Sharky-Pie' - beginning of one is pictures in blue - as christmas presents for a friend's twins TwoOne more small Mill Hill kits as christmas presents for friends/coworkers of ours
- Shawl Lestrona for my grandma- about halfway done
- One pair of socks for Felix' dad - one sock done up to the heel
- One BSJ for a soon-to-be-a-dad coworkers of mine - due in December - halfway done
- One pair of Baby Booties and one Toddler sized purse for the kids of a friend - due in December
One pair of Baby Booties for a coworker - due in October
- Two gofts for the kids of another coworker - plans are being made - due in January
- Cut Thru' Cottage as a housewarming gift for Felix sister- two more pages to go!
FourThree more hats for my grandparents, Felix and myself
- Birthday Present for Felix' brother - Due in January